Sunday, April 10, 2016

LOVE IS... LOVE DOES...

Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends (fails).
-- 1 Corinthians 13:4-8

I love my kids. I love the Kansas City Royals. I love God. I love chili.

We toss the word love around pretty nonchalantly. And the concept behind the word - the depth and power of love's reality - can get clouded. The result? Love loses its power. Actually, love never loses power. It is the word itself that loses gusto. And it is our understanding of real love that suffers in the wake.

Read Paul's above description of true love again. It is a description of the character of Christ. It is a picture of how he looks toward us. It is a revelation of the heart of God. And it is a challenge to how we should also love others.

God is love. We are loved. We should love.

God, help me to realize your love and to love more like you.

For now...
D

(By the way... I really do like the Royals and chili.)


No comments:

Post a Comment