Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Trials

So be truly glad. There is wonderful joy ahead, even though you must endure many trials for a little while.  
-- 1 Peter 1:6, NLT

It has been a bit since I last wrote. A little funny, the topic I was working on was that of trials.

We all have trials. They are inevitable. I've heard preachers quip (and have been guilty of such myself), "You are either in the storm, have just come out of the storm, or are about to enter the storm."

For many of you, like me, it's been a little stormy. But in the immortal words of Donna Summer (and a loose transliteration of the Apostles Peter and Paul), I will survive! And so will you.

To do so, we need the imminent presence of the Holy Spirit, the support of the community of faith, and some old fashioned guts.

At times we cannot move forward. We feel like we cannot advance. Paul writes, ...having done everything to stand... stand firm... (Ephesians 6:13-14).

So stand.

The words simply haven't come the last week or so. But words will return.

More to come on trials.

Since I've already broken all reverence with a disco quote, I'll end with an 80's Elton John lyric: I'm still standing!

For now...
D

No comments:

Post a Comment