Tuesday, May 3, 2016

YES!

For the Son of God, Jesus Christ... in him it is always Yes. For all the promises of God find their Yes in him.
-- 2 Corinthians 1:19-20

Religions tend to preach a God of No. And to some extent, this is true... Don't kill, don't steal... don't worship idols... don't dance... OK, I added that last one. But see how easy it is? Religion tends to add to... to extend the borders... to overstep.

There was a time in my life when I served a God of No. I attempted to live up to rules - most centering around what I could not do, say, think or be. More and more however, I've come to know God as a God of YES.

He is the God who sees us as we are and says "YES, I will redeem." He is aware of our struggles and says "YES, I will be present." He knows our weakness and says "YES, I will transform."

He has made promises about our past (redeemed)... our present (empowered)... our future (heaven). And his promises are YES. How do we know this? Because he gave us the ULTIMATE YES in Christ his son. And in Christ, all of God's promises are... YES!

So don't kill... don't steal... don't worship idols. But not because of a No. Instead, know that every No must be based on a BIGGER YES!

(And go ahead and dance!)

God, today - and every day - you are my YES.

For now...
D

1 comment: